Friday, April 6, 2012

Wahoo...Third Trimester!

Today is the first day of my third trimester, can I get a high-five?

I am so excited to be this far along and feeling as great as I do. So far, this pregnancy has been really easy for me - no morning sickness, no illnesses. Of course, some days are better than others. There was the day when I went to a really intense prenatal yoga class and couldn't stand up straight the next day because my back muscles were so sore. There were a couple days of eating dinner on the couch, lounging backward and the weight from Penelope pushing on my insides causing things to not move as they should. This began the worst stomach/gas pains ever. But it was fixed with a better seating position and Gas Ex on hand (Hallelujah!). Those bad days are few and far between, and usually exist because I push my body too far. It's Penelope's way of saying SLOW DOWN MOM. I guess she's already kicking my ass into gear.

I can still tie my own shoes. Of course, it involves sitting on the floor, then rolling my body to my hands and knees to get up (grunts included, of course), which looks absolutely ridiculous. I still get up every morning, even if it means at 7am, to walk the dogs with Aaron. We don't have a tub in our current apartment so shaving my legs in the stand-up shower can be very tricky. I usually end up throwing one of my legs on the wall, because bending over that far just isn't possible. I keep thinking I need to buy a stool to put my leg on but its one of those things that keeps escaping my mind. With a lot of maneuvering I can cut my own toenails. I haven't gotten any dreaded leg or feet swelling yet. Crossing my fingers I manage to skip that one. I can still run around straight for a 7 hour shift at work. People keep asking me how much longer I'll be able to work for. I tell them my water will probably break while waiting on a table before I throw in the towel. And even then Id probably tell myself I know I still have a few hours, let me finish out this last shift.

Exactly 13 weeks left until my 40 week mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment