Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Discomfort

I was a home-body before getting pregnant and now even more so. I enjoy cooking dinner and staying in, part of it is the money saving aspect and the other is the comfort level. I don't need to reapply my makeup or even put on regular clothes for that matter, pajama pants and tank tops for the win! While I enjoy all of my maternity clothes, most of it is still tight fitting by design and constricting.

As of lately the comfort level has taken a complete nose dive. Much to my dismay our couch is not large belly friendly, it requires one it sit extremely far back while your feet dangle off the floor. Adding a large belly into that mix destroys ones back.  The large seat cushion was the ascetic I was aiming for when we purchased it, I liked the idea of feeling like a little kid on a giant couch. Currently I am not so much a fan.

In addition, Penelope herself adds discomfort on a whole new level. According to my pregnancy books she weighs a little over 3 lbs right now and is 15 inches long. Of course, since its my giant Penelope I think 5 lbs would be a little more accurate. Giant baby. Having something that large inside of your belly is bizarre. But not as bizarre as when she decides to do her kickboxing workout, which seems to be very often. I don't have anything to compare it to but damn, this girl is so active! Its constant kicks, jabs, somersaults. It wouldn't surprise me if the inside of my stomach has bruising. While I know her movements mean she is healthy, sometimes I cant help but want her to take a nap. To give her Mom a break from the incessant kicking. Aaron thinks this is all very hilarious. Sometimes he tells her to be nice to her Mom and other times he chants "Get her Penelope, get her!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment