Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Update: Pink Pandemic Forum

My struggles with the Pink Pandemic led me online, to a couple pregnancy forums. I frequently look at two forums on a daily basis. I am not really involved with them, I just like to sit back and read other peoples problems. Sometimes they are helpful, giving me tips to cope with certain pregnancy ailments or just to read opinions about all of this baby gear Im supposedly supposed to need and buy. But the majority of the time its crazy ass women complaining about their partners and being completly psychiotic. I dont know how some of these women, or men for that matter, havent been wiped out by natural selection, survival of the fittest. Their stupidity boggles the mind.

Back to the Pink Pandemic...

I posted on these two forums about my dislike for pink and the future doom I can see lurking over the horizon. I asked if anyone had any suggestions as to how to avoid the pink and how to get others to avoid it for our baby as well. Out of the dozens of responses I got, none, I repeat none made any sense to me. The majority of the mothers, or new mothers to be, suggested picking colors for our baby shower that arent pink. Hold up...wait a minute...now the baby shower has to have a color theme? What is this a wedding? There will be no color theme at my baby shower, thats just weird, very Step-Ford wives creepy style. But it will also be more of a party than the traditional shower, also co-ed. Another woman suggested to write on the baby shower invitations what our nursery colors will be, this one is even stupider than the previous one. Thats basically asking people to buy our baby clothes so she will match the walls in her room. What the hell? Why would I want my baby matching her nursery? Do people really do this? This is just plain insane.

8 comments:

  1. Just follow your gut. color = black. ALL the time. do what you what. goth baby.

    p.s. and gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually lost you once in your room..... You matched the walls . Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you haven't had your decorator prescribe a color scheme for this pregnancy event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I need to have my interior decorator, baby stylist and baby shower planners colaborate. It must all match! And I mean ALL!

      Delete
  4. Duh, hannah said it. Your baby's style is a reflection of yours. I say sexy dark tones it is. Forget traditional pastels

    ReplyDelete