Friday, March 23, 2012

Its not window shopping at all!

Recently we have accumulated quite a bit of baby clothes, thanks to family and friends. I don't know how much clothes a baby needs but Penelope's pile seems larger than my own clothes stack. But this post is going to focus mainly on Aaron's buying patterns and my lack thereof.

You'd think Id be out shopping buying tons of little outfits on a weekly basis (like the women on the fore mentioned evil pregnancy forums). That Id be cooing over tiny little baby things but... I'm not. Not at all. Aaron and I have made a trip to BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us to just check things out, see what we are up against. I walk around, look at the dozens of bottles, pacifiers and swaddling blankets (I hope our classes teach us that technique because I have no idea how to make a baby burrito). And I leave. I don't feel the need to buy anything. Even those cute little onesies that are hard to pass up when your purchasing for a friends baby shower. Nope, just pass them by.

Now Aaron on the other hand is a completely different story. The small about of baby window shopping we have done has resulted in not window shopping at all but actual shopping. He usually sticks with books and clothes. Its like the apocalypse, in his mind these things will never be here again so we must buy them this second. "But Aaron don't you think we should just wait? We are getting a baby shower." You'd think Id uttered the most awful words in the world to him. The disgusted looks on his face are continual until I give in. So we leave with small amounts of clothes and books that are never to be found in a store again, he is positive. And those disgusted looks instantly turn into happy smiles and sometimes little songs. But it doesn't end there. He randomly comes home with baby clothes. The college he attends has a small children's clothing line in their bookstore and I am fairly certain we now own every piece of baby clothing in that collection. I thought I was safe if I steered him away from baby stores, but now there is temptation everywhere. He is at school four days a week (without my anti-shopping supervision), I just pray he stays away from that damn bookstore.

Even though I always roll my eyes when he brings home more stuff, I think he is incredibly sweet. He wants Penelope to have all the things he never did. He is constantly thinking of her, sometimes it seems more than I am, and I'm the one baking her. I think once we move and actually have a bedroom for her Ill be more interested in buying and nesting. Until then her pile continues to grow and grow, thanks to her loving Dad.

2 comments:

  1. The Happiest Baby DVD goes into great detail about the "baby burrito."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! YAY! We are planning on watching it this weekend!

      Thanks again!

      Delete