Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Staring Contest

Over the course of my pregnancy there has been one thing that has baffled me, even to this day.  People who deliberately and without hesitation stare at me. Most even do the head turn and do a double take. I guess to make sure I really am pregnant.  When I got pregnant is this not something I thought I would have to deal with, didn't even cross my mind. But it happens on a daily basis, usually multiple times. It doesn't matter if they are child or adult, male or female, they all do it. I don't get it. I see pregnant women everyday so I cant be the only preggers in the world. Some days I think to myself that they are all stupid and need to learn some manners (while I make eye contact and give them the "What are you looking at?" look) yet other days it makes me feel self conscious, like something must be wrong with me. I dislike those days because I love my pregnant body.  Sure I look a little ridiculous and standing naked in front of the mirror makes Aaron and I laugh out loud but Ive never been happier with my body then I am right now.  

Do other pregnant women deal with this? Or am I just the lucky one? If that is the case, what makes me different from all the other preggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment