Friday, June 15, 2012

The Belly Drop

Roughly about 3 days ago my giant belly dropped. The technical term for this is 'lightening,' when the baby drops into your lower pelvis. I didn't notice at first but had a few people tell me I looked a lot lower.

I have been sleeping better the past couple of nights, less tossing and turning. And my back doesn't hurt anymore yet I haven't figured out if that is due to acupuncture or Penelope's new positioning. However, I haven't gotten acupuncture in over a week so its a good sign I might not have to go back. I would have thought that her dropping would have hurt my back even more but she must have moved off my sciatic nerve, releasing the pressure. Hallelujah! 

Now that she has dropped it feels really weird walking around. There is a lot more pressure in my pelvis area. It almost feels like her head is just going to pop out while I'm standing. I feel like I should be walking around with my legs spread apart, you know just in case a body part falls out. Its a bizarre feeling. But it means that we are getting closer to finally holding our little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment