Friday, June 22, 2012

Exactly 2 Weeks Away

Yesterday we had our weekly appointment at the Birth Center.  My Strep B test from last week came back negative, meaning I wont have to have an IV of antibiotics during labor. While it wouldn't have been a big deal I am glad I wont have to worry about it when the time comes and I can concentrate on the task at hand. 

Everything else checked out perfectly normal. I wasn't checked to see if my cervix has made any progress from the following week which I thought the midwife would do, but next week I will have the option to be checked.  I guess it doesn't matter how dilated or effaced I am, everyone is different. I could be 3cm dilated for weeks and not go into labor, or I could be only dilated to 1cm and go into labor that evening. 

Now we play the waiting game...




No comments:

Post a Comment