Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Maintaining the Strong Relationship

With 4 weeks 2 days until my due date things are getting really exciting and hectic around here. We are running around attempting to start and finish her nursery in the same week, while also reading our Bradley Birthing Method and Montessori books. Preparing for labor and delivery is of utmost importance for me, you cant just go into a natural birth unprepared. That's exactly like signing up for a triathlon without any training, failure would be inevitable. 

Although we are busy with the hustle and bustle, I cant help but have some sense of anxiety about the upcoming changes. I'm not talking about taking care of a baby, I honestly feel like those instincts come naturally. But the changes that could possibly occur between Aaron and I. Aaron is my best friend. We have been a team since we first met, always working together. We enjoy each others company, and miss each other only after short periods of being apart. Having a baby doesn't have to change anything we don't want it to, with a lot of effort of course. One of the best pieces of advice I have ever gotten was from my best girlfriends mom, Karen. Years and years ago she said your husband/partner needs to come first, and your children second. Some people may hear this and think its crazy. But if the relationship between you and your partner isn't strong then how can you possibly raise a child in that environment to the best of your ability. A strong relationship creates a strong family unit. Whenever I struggle with the future "what ifs" of our relationship I think back to what Karen said and it makes me feel 100% at ease. Our partnership is and will always be top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment