Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Montessori Video

Having never really heard about the Montessori Method, until about a month ago when Aaron mentioned it to me, I was overwhelmed in the different parenting style we would have to adopt once Penelope is born. Its not what we are used to seeing on TV or in movies, and its not how most parents raise their child. I believe mostly because its not discussed in a wide arena, otherwise more people would adopt it. Now I haven't done as much research as Aaron on this topic, but soon I will get the ball rolling. But from what I have read and heard 2 key aspects of the Method are facilitating independence, and not over stimulating. I recently found this video and it describes the infant/toddler years from a Montessori perspective, its really short (only 10 mins) and very informative. If your at all interested please watch it:




No comments:

Post a Comment