Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Official

On November 15, 2010, our lives changed in an instant, well "at least 2 minutes" as instructed by the direction manual.


Half asleep I couldn't believe my eyes, I figured since the horizontal line was so dark and the vertical line was so faint it must have meant "negative."  Aaron was still asleep, so I ran over to wake him up, to get his opinion.  His response, "Yup, your pregnant, I told you" and rolled back over into dreamland. How was he so sure of those weird lines, and I could barely make them out? How could he just go back to sleep after finding out such life altering news? So I sat there in a dark, dumbfounded, and then the anxiety of it all started to hit me.  It wasn't like the movies, joyous cheering, hugging, and sappy girlie shit.  It was as much nerve-rackingly overwhelming as it was exciting and thrilling.

Later that afternoon I went to Planned Parenthood (Stand with Planned Parenthood!), thinking that their industrial strength pregnancy tests might turn out a different result.  Once again I was wrong and I walked out with a very official looking piece of paper titled "Report of Pregnancy."  Yup, that's right I was officially pregnant, or as I like to say "with-child."

As our lives are drastically changing on a daily basis (diapers and cribs oh my!), I decided to start this blog as a way to get my ideas out of my head and onto paper (so to speak).  Also, its a great way to keep my friends and family, who aren't near, updated with pictures and my ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Emma for doing this blog. Being so far away, it will be wonderful to follow your journey -- and I'm sure your dad will be thrilled! xxoo Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY my first blog comment! Thanks! Hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete