Monday, February 27, 2012

21 Week Belly

As of today, when I stand up straight and look down I can no longer see my toes, its all belly. The ever growing belly. I wake up every morning startled at what I see in the mirror, not because I don't love it but because I'm still getting used to it. A belly of this size takes some getting used to, I can only imagine what my 9 month mark will feel like. I think it grows a little bigger everyday. Everyday things get a little tighter and a little more uncomfortable. That explains my recent discovery and implementation of the "sweats and tank top strip down" the very minute I walk in the door. Sometimes even the greeting animals are ignored, just to feel that moment of comfort one minute sooner. It usually ends with a big SIGH, ahhh, much better.

The belly, more recently, has become a spill magnet. I can eat an entire meal without dribbling or spilling on myself and yet when I finish my shirt tells a different story. The story of a girl who cant keep anything in her mouth. It seems to be a random occurrence. When did I eat chocolate? When did that happen? How long have I been walking around looking like a sloppy pregger?

While the belly may cause some discomfort and embarrassingly large stains, its the best thing to ever happen to me (after meeting Aaron of course, because of which this would not have been possible).  Every morning, after adjusting my eyes and getting used to the belly once again, I say to myself and then to Aaron "I love my belly," to which he replies "I love it even more."

No comments:

Post a Comment