Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sciatica... Again!

I feel as though I have had the perfect pregnancy. The only challenge I have come across, which has been of recently, is Sciatica (link to my first sciatica post). The sciatic back pain I have been experiencing for a few weeks now doesn't show any sign of letting up. At my last prenatal appointment the midwife said that Penelope's head is resting on my pubic bone. "No wonder your limping around, poor thing" was her response to Penelope's positioning. 

Like I mentioned before, I have never been held back physically in my life. My mindset is that I can do anything physically if I put my mind to it. I lead a very healthy, active lifestyle so this newly acquired ailment has been both mentally and physically draining. Unfortunately my job requires me to be on my feet running (or hobbling) around for six hours straight, sometimes longer. After much struggling, Aaron was finally able to convince me to cut back on my shifts at work. I was working five, now I am down to three. I am still not happy about the decision but if this was to in anyway affect Penelope I could never live with myself. If I am going to have a healthy, strong baby I myself need to be healthy and strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment