Monday, May 28, 2012

Am I dreaming?

As my due date nears I cant help but be in complete shock. Shock that this is really going to happen. I look at other women with their babies and it still doesn't seem real. I will actually have a baby. I have wanted to start a family for as long as I can remember and my dream is coming true. How did I get so lucky? 

I moved to Austin from Seattle almost five years ago with absolutely nothing but my two best friends (and my crazy ass cats). I had sold everything I owned and literally started completely over. We slept on blow up mattresses and furnished our apartment with hideous furniture from the apartment community dumpster. Fast forward...and now I have the worlds greatest life partner, a baby on the way, two dogs, the same two lunatic cats, and an apartment we are turning into a home.  I would have never guessed that all of these wonderful things would have been waiting for me in Austin. I am so glad that I took that leap and tried something new, something some people thought I was crazy for. I had no idea what was in store for me here in Austin but it sure did turn out amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment