Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bathtime

The day Penelope was born the midwives at the birthing center taught Aaron how to bathe her.  I wasn't aloud to leave the bed so I laid there and watched.  It was adorable watching the two of them interact together.  And surprisingly Aaron wasn't nervous at all.  I would have been, those babies are slippery little suckers.




A few days later we attempted to bathe her little body all by ourselves.  It didn't go as well as her first bath experience.  We filled up the bath tub and Aaron got in to hold her while I washed her.  Well I didn't realize that the water wasn't as warm as it should have been.  I didn't want to scald her delicate skin but instead I accidentally made her freeze.  She screamed the entire time.  It was a race to rinse her off and throw some clothes back on her.

Our second attempt at bathing her went much better.  I got the water temperature right this time.  She just laid there and stared at Aaron.  Adorable.  Washing her belly has proven to be a bit tricky because it floats!  Her giant belly floats on top of the water, Aaron has to gently push it down to rinse it off.






No comments:

Post a Comment