Wednesday, August 22, 2012

6-Weeks Postpartum

While Penelope wont be 6 weeks old until Friday we had our 6 week postpartum appointment at the birth center yesterday.  It was our last appointment.  Penelope now weighs exactly 10lbs.  She is slow at gaining weight most likely due to being such a big baby at birth.  Apparently the big babies don't have much catching up to do.

The birth center and all the midwives that work there were such a big part of our lives for nearly a year.  Everything we experienced at the center was so positive and uplifting.  Sometimes I think back to Penelope's birth and I want to go back to that time.  As cheesy as it sounds it was so beautiful.  It literally was the best experience of my life and I don't just mean the end result.  There aren't many women who would say that.  We are so lucky to have found such an amazing place that uplifts women and believes in their naturally ability to birth without medications or medical interventions.  

It saddens both Aaron and I that we wont be returning.  That is, of course, unless we have another little nugget in the near future.  But as of right now I am enjoying my so called sanity.

(Aaron is going to hate me for putting this picture up. This is what one glass of sake does to him. Hehe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment