Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Seattle, part 1

At the beginning of January we were lucky enough to take Penelope on her first plane ride up to Seattle to see Grandma and Grandpa Bill, Grandpa and Grandma Peggy, and meet her Great-Granddad! We stayed with my mom and Bill in Coupeville for the first half of our trip and the second half we stayed in downtown Seattle at the Hyatt (fancy shmancy!).

I was a bit stressed about traveling with a baby for the first time. I had visions of those families with so much crap, an anxious mom and children screaming their heads off. Luckily we weren't those people, at least I hope we weren't. Penelope did really well on the flight! I nursed her while we took off and she slept the majority of flight. I think she slept a little too long during the flight because trying to nurse her while we were descending was like trying to tame a wild beast. Arms flailing, legs kicking, giggling and smiling at everyone- nursing was a lost cause. I was worried about the altitude change hurting her ears but I eventually lost the battle. She was well rested and ready to party. Penelope 1, Mom 0.

My mom and Bill threw a house warming/Penelope party the day after we arrived. It was wonderful seeing everyone and showing off our giant Penelope. She wasn't too sure about all the attention at first but it didn't take her long to get comfortable. More people meant more people who could hold her hands while she walked around the house. Score! 

Here are some of our adventures from the first half of the trip, pictures from the remaining half are soon to come:

Taking a walk in the Austin airport before boarding.

 Hanging out with Grandma in Coupeville.

Penelope's first taste of a table. She wanted me to tell everyone they are delicious.

 Penelope's first ferry ride!

On the way to Friday Harbor, San Juan Island.

One bundled up baby.

Penelope loved walking around with Grandma and Grandpa Bill.

1 comment:

  1. I am a friend of Peggy and Ralph, thru zydeco dancing. this is such fun to see the growth of the darling little grandbaby. she is lucky to have the family she has!

    ReplyDelete